The seamless integration of technology into the life of our school system...
The mission of the Technology Services Department is to provide an infrastructure and service-oriented environment in which student success is enhanced through a set of information age tools and skills accessible by all members of our interdependent, technology-linked learning community.
- Technology will be integrated as a tool into the educational process in a seamless manner that will optimize resources and the educational experience. In addition, it will serve to prepare students for the real world of a technology-based society.
- Technology will be integrated into the business practices of the School System to optimize operational efficiencies.
- The Technology Services Department will continue internal restructuring that will transform it from a Data Processing Department to a legitimate Information Technology Department that’s purpose is to provide the appropriate resources and tools for staff and students to perform their work and educational experience in an effective and efficient manner.
· Comply with all applicable federal and state laws, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures including but not limited to the following:
o Annotated Code of Maryland Section Education Article, §7-308
o Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, 15 U.S.C. §6501 (COPPA)
o Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §2701-2711
o Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), 20 U.S.C. §1232(g)
o Protecting Children in the 21st Century Act
o Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 20 U.S.C. §794(d)
o Title XVII, Children’s Internet Protection Act, 47 U.S.C. §254(h) (CIPA)
o The Annotated Code of Maryland, Criminal Law Article, §3-805 (Misuse of Interactive Computer Service (Grace’s Law))
o The Annotated Code of Maryland, Labor and Employment Article, §3-712 (User Name and Password Privacy Protection and Exclusions)
o U. S. Copyright Law (17 U.S.C.)
o Maryland Public Information Act (Title 4, MD Ann. Code art. GP)
o State of Maryland Department of Information Technology Information Security Policies
o Maryland Public School Standards for Information and Communications Distribution Systems
o CCPS Policies, Regulations, and Technology Services Procedures
· Manage and maintain adequate network infrastructure capacity to support currently utilized and emerging technologies.
· Manage and maintain a comprehensive Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Plan.
· Create and maintain educational technology standards including software applications, hardware, and platforms utilized in both the administrative and instructional functions of CCPS.
· Create and manage a dynamic and flexible development environment that allows for customized technical solutions to system-wide needs.
· Create and manage a dynamic and flexible network and client administration environment that allows for customized technical solutions to system-wide needs.
· Create and manage a dynamic and flexible support environment that is based on a customer service orientation.
· Utilize students, volunteers, and other outside partners in the work of the Technology Services Department.
CCPS employees may visit our Technology Services Portal Here - Internal Use Only