CCNA Routing and Switching teaches comprehensive networking concepts, from network applications to the protocols and services provided to those applications by lower layers of the network. Students will progress from basic home and small business networking to more complex enterprise and theoretical networking models.
In each course, the students will learn technology concepts with the support of interactive media and apply and practice this knowledge through a series of hands-on and simulated activities that reinforces the learning.
CISCO curriculum is delivered online through a browser-based medium, helping students develop practical networking knowledge and skills in a hands-on environment. In a lab setting that closely resembles a true networking environment, students work with the architecture and infrastructure of information networks, learning the principles and practices of designing, building, implementing and maintaining local- and wide-area networks.
- Gordon Kinnie ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
CISCO is a globally recognized leader in computer networking.
- SPRING of Junior Year (3 credits) - CCNA: Routing and Switching I and II
- Introduction to Networks
- Routing and Switching Essentials
- FALL of Senior Year (3 credits) - CCNA: Routing and Switching III and IV
- Scaling Networks
- Connecting Networks
The first semester of the class will include Cisco's Discovery I and Discovery II. Those who move on will take Cisco's Discovery III and IV. Those who do not pass requirements for Cisco in the first semester will finish their completer with IT Essentials in place of Discovery III and IV.
- All students will take the Cisco CCENT certification exam.
- Course will prepare the students to take the Cisco CCNA certification exam.
- Course prepares students for the CompTIA Network+ certification
- Networking Devices
- LAN's and WAN's
- IP Addressing
- Router use and configuration
- Network management and troubleshooting
- OSI model of networking
- Installation, configuration, and upgrading
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting
- Safety and preventative maintenance
- Memory management
- A+ Certification
A+ Certification is an industry recognized credential that certifies the competency of PC Service Specialists. It is sponsored by the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) and tests are administered by Sylvan Prometric. The program is backed by over 50 major computer hardware and software manufacturers, vendors, distributors, resellers and publishers. A+ Certification provides a wealth of benefits to any person seeking a job in the computer industry!
- Math Elective beyond Algebra II/Data Analysis
- Financial Management Software Applications
- Foreign Language
- Business Communications and Keyboarding
- Financial Management Using Software Applications
- Accounting I
- Business Law
- Computer Installation & Maintenance
For more information about careers in the information technology field, please check out this link to the United States Department of Labor Occupational Outlook Handbook.