Ebb Valley Elementary School

School Header

Frequently Asked Questions

Ebb Valley Frequently Asked Questions

What are the school office hours?  Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. 

What time should my child arrive at school so they won't be marked late?  The bell rings for students to enter the building at 9:30 a.m.  All students must be here by 9:30 a.m. or they will be marked tardy.  Instruction starts promptly at 9:30 a.m. 

Do I need to let the school know when my child is absent?  It is necessary to inform the school office when your child is or will be absent.  You can call the school at 410-386-1550 to report the absence,  fax us a note to 410-386-1555, or you can send an excuse note in when your child returns. We also have a link on our main page to send an email to report your child's absence.

Why did I get an automated call from Alert Now stating my child is absent?    If you do not notify the school of your child's absence by 11:00 a.m. that day, you will receive an AlertNow message advising you that your child is absent and an excuse is required.

How do I add/remove someone from my child's emergency card?  Changes to your child's emergency card must be done in writing.  Please send us a note or email with any corrections to be made.

What do I do if we move?  If you move within our district, please notify the office and provide us with a new verification of residence.  If you move outside of our district and need your child to remain at Ebb Valley, please call the office to get an Out of District request that needs to be submitted for approval.

What do I need to do to pick up my child early from school? If you know you will be picking your child up early, please send a note or email to school that morning by 12 p.m. to ensure your child gets a change of dismissal. If an emergency arises and you need to pick up your child, please call first and let the office know.  You must sign your child out in the office.  Children leaving early will have a tardy or half day absence depending on the time they leave.

Can my child ride a bus to his friend's house?  Bus changes will not be made to accomodate play dates, etc....  We ask that every child has one AM and one PM bus stop.  Only permanent changes can be made or changes due to emergency situations.

Can I send birthday invitations in to school with my child?  Birthday invitations cannot be distributed at school.  We have a student directory you can use to mail invitations.

My child is having learning issues at school, what do I do first?  Do not wait until report card time if you have a question or concern about your child.  Contact your child's teacher first. 

My child is having bullying/problems at school, what do I do first? Don't let your child suffer in silence.  If your child has bullying issues, please contact the school administrator right away. You can also make a report online, Bullying Report on the CCPS main page.