Employers are a vital component of the Career Connections Program. From small businesses, to non-profit organizations and corporate headquarters, our employers provide our students with an opportunity to learn about the world of work. Hiring a student through the internship program allows students to "test-drive" their career and exposes them to the various functions of the workplace. Employers benefit by having students bring their positive attitude and willingness to learn. This partnership impacts the choices our students make about their post high school plans.
Internships are a great way for employers to partner with the Career Connections Program. Some of the benefits of hiring an intern:
1. An opportunity for employers to 'try before you buy' recruitment strategy: a chance to observe/train/retain potential employees.
2. Cost Effective: Interns can be paid or non-paid.
3. Community Involvement: Employers who hire interns are helping to train the workforce of tomorrow and are active participants in the mentoring of our community members.
In addition, employers can partner with the Career Connections in the following ways:
- Participate in FSK's Annual Mock Interview Day (spring)
- Speak at career events
- Host a student for a job shadow experience
Francis Scott Key High School and the Career Connections Program is grateful to our employer partners of the past, present and future. Here is a sampling of some of the employers who have helped to
shape the future of our graduates:
|Evapco||Maryland State Police||Airpark Animal Hospital||Carroll Community College|
|Carroll Sports and Rehab||Tomorrow's Leader Day Care||Carroll County Times||National Cancer Institute|
|Camp Yuppie Puppy, Inc.||National Security Agency (NSA)||Lovell Cattle Farms||Carroll Lutheran School|
|Public Defender's Office||Bear Branch Nature Center||McDaniel College||Westminster City Police|
|Zozzie & Heidi Innovative Party Planners||Shepherd's Staff||Carroll County Humane Society||Emmittsburg Dispatch|
|Fox Quarter Farms||Dell Brothers Farm||Carroll County Government||Human Services Programs of Carroll County|