Bus transportation is not guaranteed.
Weather Related Procedures for Prekindergarten
- On a 1 hour early dismissal, A.M. Prekindergarten will dismiss on a regular schedule
- On a 2 hour early dismissal, A.M. Prekindergarten will dismiss at 11 A.M.
- On a 3 hour early dismissal, A.M. Prekindergarten will dismiss at 10 A.M.
- With any delayed opening, there is no Prekindergarten sessions.
Safe Bus Riding for Prekindergarten children...please help your child know these rules.
- Be ready at home five minutes before pick-up time.
- Watch your step and use the handrail when getting on and off the bus.
- Take your seat promptly and remain seated for the ride to and from school.
- Sit in the seat – facing front. Keep feet, books, and other articles out of the aisle.
- Keep hands and head inside the bus at all times.
- Do not eat on the bus at any time.
- Be quiet and orderly so the driver is not distracted.
- Listen to the bus driver’s instructions.
- Wait until the bus has come to a complete stop before leaving your seat.
- Cross ten feet in front of the bus with the “red flashing warning lights” only upon discharge and if you live on the opposite side of the road. Be sure to check traffic both ways.
- Be certain that your child is ready on time and dressed properly for weather and safety conditions.
- Help your child develop a safe walking route to and from the bus.
- Encourage your child to obey all traffic rules, signs and signals. The best instruction is often a good example.
- Accept responsibility for the proper conduct of your child before he/she boards the bus and after he/she is discharged.
- Make every effort to cooperate with those who have the important job of getting your child to and from school safely.
- Remind your child to walk ten feet in front of the bus and to always look both ways when crossing.
- Help your child have a safe day, every day.
- Provide supervision for your child while walking to and from the bus.